Taste test: We ate these alongside the Original Chips Ahoy to compare them to each other and against the generally bad special varieties. The differences between these and the Original went beyond just the use of chocolate chunks here vs. chocolate chips there. These strayed more from roundness, and they added just a bit (averaging under 1/4 inch) to the 2-inch diameter, but the biggest change was that they were quite noticeably thicker. They rated just two cookies per 160-calorie serving, vs. three for the Original. (Once again, if you're King, you get to eat the whole King Size pack, but that was just eight cookies in this case, rather than 10.)
With the Original, there were lots of chocolate chips, and it seemed just right. This time, they used randomly shaped chunks rather than chips, with definitely a higher density of them. The result was noticeable in the balance between chocolate and dough, so if you need an extra-intense chocolate rush, choose this one. The taste was good, and on the texture side, the cookies were nearly as crumbly as the Original (perhaps less because the proportion of dough was less), which is to say, very crumbly.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Way different from the Original. Much more rich, intense chocolate smell.
From the package: “Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Chips Ahoy! (26 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Chocolate (1779 snacks)
- Cookies (623 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road