Taste test: Just when I decided that I wouldn't bother to try any more new variations of Chips Ahoy (after the lackluster Chewy Gooey Caramel, American Summer and Soft with Chocolate Chunks), they had to come out with a Reese's version that I could not resist buying.
From the outside, these cookies looked mostly like regular chocolate chip cookies, but there were some peanut butter chips (not cups) on the exterior, nearly camouflaged because they were just about the same color as the dough, plus some cut-open partial peanut butter cups. The feel of the cookies was very soft. It was so soft that I would barely even say the cookies were chewy; it was almost like raw cookie dough. The taste was decent, as I could taste some chocolate and some peanut butter, but not a whole lot of either, and definitely not the taste of Reese's. I'd would have said that they were OK, but several of the cookies had some strange hard bits that were very different than the otherwise soft texture and felt weird in my mouth. I'm pretty sure one of these was a fragment of some sort of nut, while the other ones seemed to eventually dissolve before I could pull them out of my mouth, so maybe they were just hardened bits of cookie dough. Whatever it was, that stuff kind of ruined it for me.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Doesn't smell like Reese's at all. JUst a weak chocolate chip cookie smell.
From the package: “The Reese's Trademark, trade dress, and Peanut Butter Cups in the cup design are used under license.” ... “Lift for cookie joy!” ... “Share me!”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Chips Ahoy! (27 snacks)
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (82 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Cookies (639 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (349 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road