Taste test: This version of Chips Ahoy promised a layer of Oreo creme filling within the chocolate chip cookie. After not resisting the temptation for a similar product promising a caramel layer and being disappointed, plus getting a friend's tip about these not having enough creme, I very reluctantly bought some.
Initial impressions were not good, as the feel of the intentionally soft cookies was weird — the surfaces were so soft that they felt almost like cookie dough. We want soft, but just on the inside! But when I bit in, I was surprised and impressed that the cookies largely delivered on the Oreo creme promise. In about half of the cookies, I could actually taste the creme filling, and it did remind me of Oreos. The other ones did not have enough of that filling to really matter. I guess my expectations were fairly low here, since I was impressed by having half of the cookies taste the way they were supposed to, but as special-edition Chips Ahoy go, that's better than usual. But really, they should have had more consistency of creme filling — and more of it — to make this a quality product.
Shop: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Way more like Chips Ahoy than Oreos.
From the package: “Crammed with crème filling!”
Online store: Buy Chips Ahoy! on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2014.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road