Taste test: This striking flavor of Oreo was labeled as "New!" but the package didn't mention anything about being a limited edition. However, considering how long some of the Limited Editions stick around and how flavors generally come and go, maybe it's not a meaningful distinction.
Anyway, the big thing here was instead of just introducing a new filling to taste like carrot cake, they made a whole new kind of cookie to taste like carrot cake and used a cream cheese filling. Even the colors of those two matched the cake, with kind of a dark beige cookie and an off-white filling.
I poured a glass of milk and crunched in to find that the taste was quite good, and it really did taste like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. It was on the sweet side, but sips of milk helped to neutralize that. Very good!
The biggest surprise here was something crazy going on in Oreo Quality Control. Of the 24 sandwiches in the package, eight of them had one of the cookies reversed (with the decorated side facing the creme and the flat side exposed), and one more had both reversed! To see even one sandwich like this is unusual, but to have nine of them in the same package is almost unheard of.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Yeah, it really smells like carrot cake.
From the package: “Carrot cake flavored cookie with cream cheese frosting flavor cream artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road