Taste test: This limited edition of Oreos took two Golden Oreo cookies for the exterior and then split the filling between a green apple half and a light brownish caramel. We offered these with lots of snackers, and most were eager to try them. Those who did were about equally split between fans who thought the combination tasted just like a caramel apple and detractors who though that the apple tasted fake, the caramel tasted fake, and the combination tasted bad. This was a sharp contrast to the universally praise that folks had for the Pumpkin Spice Oreos.
The major plus with these, particularly for those who liked them, was that there was zero chance of the biggest pitfall of real caramel apples — making a sticky caramel mess all over your hands and face.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like fake caramel and fake apple, but not really like a caramel apple.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (149 snacks)
- Limited Editions (401 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (328 snacks)
- Sandwiches (272 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (74 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Harry Potter Chocolate Creatures
- Crunchips X-Cut o smaku Kebab z Celulka
- Combos Spicy Honey Mustard Baked Pretzel
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Tapatío with Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road