Taste test: This limited edition of Oreos took two Golden Oreo cookies for the exterior and then split the filling between a green apple half and a light brownish caramel. We offered these with lots of snackers, and most were eager to try them. Those who did were about equally split between fans who thought the combination tasted just like a caramel apple and detractors who though that the apple tasted fake, the caramel tasted fake, and the combination tasted bad. This was a sharp contrast to the universally praise that folks had for the Pumpkin Spice Oreos.
The major plus with these, particularly for those who liked them, was that there was zero chance of the biggest pitfall of real caramel apples — making a sticky caramel mess all over your hands and face.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like fake caramel and fake apple, but not really like a caramel apple.
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (157 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (80 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road