Athena Wafer Rolls with Hazelnut Chocolate Flavored Cream Filling
Taste test: When we review wafer sticks, we're rarely disappointed by the product itself, but sometimes the relative scarcity of actual sticks within the package can be a problem. That wasn't the case this time, as not only was this canister much bigger than usual (at more than 3 inches in diameter and 7 inches tall), but it was packed about as tightly as possible with delicious wafer sticks.
The sticks were fairly dark on the outside and filled generously with a creamy, chocolatey hazelnut filling. They had a soft crunch but a fairly high density of filling. Our snackers were big fans, in many cases grabbing two sticks at a time, then praising the taste. Some people thought they tasted some banana in the filling, but we didn't see anything like that listed in the ingredients.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice chocolate and hazelnut smell.
From the package: “Product of P.R.C.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: National Products Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Hazelnut Snacks (51 snacks)
- Wafer rolls (45 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road