Taste test: This huge bag of animal crackers was filled to the top with good size cookies in some interesting shapes. There wasn't a huge variety of animals, but we did find seven different kinds. Although the shapes were not highly detailed, we were able to figure our with decent certainty what most of the were — we're figuring (left to right) giraffe, platypus, donkey, pig, dolphin, elephant, camel. Oddly, this doesn't match up with the animals pictured on the front of the bag (except for the elephant).
The cookies were fairly thick, with kind of puffy-looking tops and flat bottoms. We crunched in to find that an unexpected hint of orange. The cookies were thicker and less dense than Barnum's Animals. We shared cookies with lots of snackers, and people liked them a lot as they ate animals by the handful.
Best we could tell from reading the ingredients, this was a vegan recipe, and two of the vegans with whom we shared some noted the irony of animal-shaped vegan cookies.
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Hint of orange among the expected animal crackers smell.
From the package: “Product of Mexico” ... “Keep in a cool and dry place after opened” ... “Protect the environment”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Cookies (612 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (387 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road