Zapp's Potato Chips Sweet Creole Onion
Taste test: These potato chips were cut thick, with light yellow surfaces featuring lots of bits of green seasoning, wiggly shapes and lots of skin around the edges.
We crunched in to find an intense flavor, with lots of really tasty sweet onion on a very tasty potato chip. The onion flavor was excellent, as the high level of sweetness was delivered without tasting sugary. The texture was as impressive as the taste. The chips had a major crunch consistent with their thickness, while still being very crisp, so the feel was solid but not hard. These were marked as limited-edition chips, but we hope they stay around, as they were some of the best onion-flavored potato chips ever.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild onion smell. Sort of sweet.
From the package: “Some say the Sweet Creole Onion™ only grows around the sugar cane fields here in Gramercy. They are known for their robust onion flavor, with a mellow sweetness. Wild and mild, just what you'd expect from Zapp's.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Zapp's (15 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Gherkin's Sandwich Shop, Montara, California. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road