Zapp's Potato Chips Voodoo Heat
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly shapes and various shades of yellow and orange on their surfaces, with many folded-over chips and bubbles embedded inside. The promise of intense heat from a company that has produced a number of other tasty flavors (including Voodoo Gumbo) had us very eager to try them.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch and a tasty, barbecue-like flavor, but there was really no heat at all initially, let alone a heat that would make anyone's hair stand on end. Some heat (but not a lot) did arrive in the aftertaste, and the mix of that with the BBQ taste was very nice. But it was still a major mismatch from our expectations.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a hot sauce smell, but only slightly hot.
From the package: “Voodoo Heat is the latest in our crazy, funky Zapp's flavors. Why settle for an everyday flavor, when Voodoo Heat can make your hair stand on end? Not for the faint of heart — it'll a spell on you! Enjoy, and laissez les bon temps rouler!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Zapp's (15 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Potbelly Sandwich Shop. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road