Zapp's Potato Chips Voodoo Gumbo
Taste test: These kettle-style potato chips were wiggly and in many cases folded-over, generally golden in orange color, with skin visible around the edges of most chips.
There was lots of what looked like salt visible on the surfaces of the chips. They had a very nice crunch and a good crispnes, and best of all, they were heavily loaded with the Voodoo Gumbo flavor seasoning. It's hard to describe because it was (as advertised) a mix of many spices, but there was a nice sweetness to it, and it reminded me a little of some of the Canadian varieties of All Dressed chips. There was no heat in the flavor, as one might have expected from a gumbo chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild mix of spices. Good.
From the package: “Original Cajun Kettle Recipe” ... “Limited Edition” ... “Voodoo Gumbo is the result of an accident. An employee was moving a pallet of spices off the top shelf and dropped it. While cleaning up, someone stuck their finger into the mixture of about 5 flavors and pronounced it great. We recreated it in our lab and, like gumbo, it's an 'everything in the kitchen' flavor.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Zapp's (15 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- All Dressed Chips (18 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road