Yummies Ranchitas Nacho Excitante
Taste test: These chips looked a lot like Doritos in shape, color and surface texture, with a bonus of small dark green bits embedded inside, which I took to be a sign of some serious heat to come.
I crunched in to find a very nice texture, crisp, crunch and brittle, much like Doritos but even better, with a strong cheese and jalapeño flavor that was quite tasty. It was not a mild heat by any means, more of a slightly-above-middling one, but the lightning bolts emanating from the chips pictured on the bag, not to mention the flames bursting out of the cheese and jalapeño pepper, had me expecting an extreme heat. Still, very good chips!
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Quite a strong kick of heat! Savory and intense.
From the package: “Made in Honduras/Hecho en Honduras” ... “Corn tortilla chips cheddar cheese and jalapeño artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Honduras (7 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1019 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (592 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (238 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (130 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in East Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road