Yummies Ranchitas Nacho Excitante
Taste test: These chips looked a lot like Doritos in shape, color and surface texture, with a bonus of small dark green bits embedded inside, which I took to be a sign of some serious heat to come.
I crunched in to find a very nice texture, crisp, crunch and brittle, much like Doritos but even better, with a strong cheese and jalapeño flavor that was quite tasty. It was not a mild heat by any means, more of a slightly-above-middling one, but the lightning bolts emanating from the chips pictured on the bag, not to mention the flames bursting out of the cheese and jalapeño pepper, had me expecting an extreme heat. Still, very good chips!
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Quite a strong kick of heat! Savory and intense.
From the package: “Made in Honduras/Hecho en Honduras” ... “Corn tortilla chips cheddar cheese and jalapeño artificially flavored”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Honduras (7 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1041 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in East Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road