YucatTillas Chili Lime
Taste test: These chips promised to bridge the chasm between yuca chips and tortilla chips, which typically have very different textures and tastes. I opened the bag and saw that the chips had pizza wedge shapes and looked a whole lot like tortilla chips.
I crunched in to find that the feel and taste was largely like tortilla chips and nothing like yuca chips. Since yuca chips are typically made from slices of yuca, whereas these contained Cassava Flour (which is another way to say Yuca Flour) as their second ingredient (after Corn Flour), I probably shouldn't have expected much of the yuca chips feel. If I had to guess what they contained other than corn, I would never have guessed yuca. The chili and lime flavor was quite mild, hardly noticeable when first biting in, but it was noticeable in the aftertaste. Pretty good tortilla chips.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Barely any. Maybe a slight hint of lime.
From the package: “Taste This! Snacks is proud to introduce Yucatillas — the world's first Yuca Tortilla Chips! Made from a delicious (proprietary) blend of yucca & cornflower, we've created a uniquely different & delicious tortilla chip.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Taste This! Snacks
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at TJ Maxx. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road