YucatTillas Chili Lime
Taste test: These chips promised to bridge the chasm between yuca chips and tortilla chips, which typically have very different textures and tastes. I opened the bag and saw that the chips had pizza wedge shapes and looked a whole lot like tortilla chips.
I crunched in to find that the feel and taste was largely like tortilla chips and nothing like yuca chips. Since yuca chips are typically made from slices of yuca, whereas these contained Cassava Flour (which is another way to say Yuca Flour) as their second ingredient (after Corn Flour), I probably shouldn't have expected much of the yuca chips feel. If I had to guess what they contained other than corn, I would never have guessed yuca. The chili and lime flavor was quite mild, hardly noticeable when first biting in, but it was noticeable in the aftertaste. Pretty good tortilla chips.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Barely any. Maybe a slight hint of lime.
From the package: “Taste This! Snacks is proud to introduce Yucatillas — the world's first Yuca Tortilla Chips! Made from a delicious (proprietary) blend of yucca & cornflower, we've created a uniquely different & delicious tortilla chip.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Taste This! Snacks
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road