Yu Don Fu Pickled Pepper Flavor
Taste test: This large bag was filled with similarly designed small packets containing thin rectangles of flavored fish tofu. The pieces were quite moist and had an orange-beige color. There was a small, flattened pepper pushed up against one side of the fish, which fell off when I took it out of the packet.
I bit in to find a soft fish cake texture, mildly pickled, not a bad fish taste. There was some pepper taste initially, but very minimal heat. So then I also ate the pepper, which seemed pretty mild too. More heat arrived soon after, not very hot, but noticeably hotter than before. It's tough to describe all of this, but it was far better than I expected, a pretty good weird snack.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pickled fish smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Fish Meat, Water, Soybean Protein, Canola Oil, Starch, Egg, Salt, Sugar, MSG, Glucose. Food additives (Acetylated distarch Phosphate, Curdlan, SHMP, Disodium 5'-ribonucleotide, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Sodium D-Isoacarbonate) Soy Sauce (Caramel) Spices, Flavoring Essence.” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (68 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road