Yu Don Fu Pickled Pepper Flavor
Taste test: This large bag was filled with similarly designed small packets containing thin rectangles of flavored fish tofu. The pieces were quite moist and had an orange-beige color. There was a small, flattened pepper pushed up against one side of the fish, which fell off when I took it out of the packet.
I bit in to find a soft fish cake texture, mildly pickled, not a bad fish taste. There was some pepper taste initially, but very minimal heat. So then I also ate the pepper, which seemed pretty mild too. More heat arrived soon after, not very hot, but noticeably hotter than before. It's tough to describe all of this, but it was far better than I expected, a pretty good weird snack.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pickled fish smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Fish Meat, Water, Soybean Protein, Canola Oil, Starch, Egg, Salt, Sugar, MSG, Glucose. Food additives (Acetylated distarch Phosphate, Curdlan, SHMP, Disodium 5'-ribonucleotide, Pentasodium Triphosphate, Tetrasodium Diphosphate, Sodium D-Isoacarbonate) Soy Sauce (Caramel) Spices, Flavoring Essence.” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (116 reviews)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (138 snacks)
- Pickle Chips (66 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road