Yoki Batata Palha
Taste test: When I spotted this bag along with some other kinds of potato sticks in the snack section of my local Brazilian grocer, I deliberately picked this over another one from the same company that was labeled as "extra thin" because I intended to snack on it, not serve it on a plate of food.
Both packages showed the potato sticks on a dinner plate, but the pictured potato sticks looked even thinner on the other kind. So when I opened the bag, I was surprised to find even the thicker kind ended up being the thinnest potato sticks I've seen. This made them much more difficult to eat with the hands than normal-sized potato sticks. They tasted very good, with a rich potato taste, but they were so thin that it was much easier to pour them into a bowl and eat with a spoon than to eat with the hands.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice fried potato smell. Mmmm!
From the package: “Crocante e Sequinha”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Seabra Supermarket, formerly Mundial Market, formerly Gol! Supermarket, formerly Supermercado Brasileiro, Somerville, Mass. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road