Yamayoshi Chilibee Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a nice orange glow, with fairly flat shapes with just a few small bubbles embedded inside and occasional bits of skin on the edges. Most of the chips were fairly small.
I crunched in to find a very nice crispness and a tasty, tangy chili kick that was quite a bit different from the typical chili pepper flavors used on potato chips — mildly sweet, but also, something just wow about it. From there, the taste quickly grew got hot, hotter and even hotter. That heat lingered for a very long time in the aftertaste, even after being temporarily drowned by many sips of lemonade. Tasty and hot, quite good!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy. Nice.
From the package: “Product of Japan” ... “Contains soybeans and wheat. Manufactured in a facility that uses eggs, milk, peanuts, shellfish (crab, shrimp) and fish.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road