Topitos Rounds Nacho Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These fairly large, round tortilla chips looked to be Wise's latest answer to Doritos. Not their first, of course — we saw triangular Bravos on the shelves for many years.
We opened the bag to find that although the chips were initially cut round before frying/baking, they didn't look as round in the real world as the picture on the front of the bag did. Most of the chips were curled or wiggly rather than flat, and many were broken into smaller pieces.
We crunched in to find a crisp feel with a somewhat soft, brittle crunch, as most pieces seemed notably less crunchy than Doritos. The taste was good, with lots of nacho cheese to savor, but the cheese was not so strong that we couldn't appreciate that there was plenty of corn flavor as well. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Same as Doritos.
From the package: “surprise your taste buds with the zesty flavor and crunch of Wise® Nacho Cheese Topitos” ... “Made with whole grain corn, our tortilla chips are crispy and light, a perfect snack to satisfy your real cheese cravings.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (132 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road