Wise Sweet Heat BBQ Potato Chips
Taste test: These chips looked a lot like the regular Wise chips, with their subtle curves and areas of skin on the edges, but there was some orange glow as well, thanks to some lightly applied seasoning.
We crunched in to find a moderate crispness and a mildly spicy barbecue flavor at first, but nothing in the way of heat or sweet. The heat arrived in the aftertaste, still not a strong heat, but a tasty and reasonably hot one. The sweetness never really arrived, but there was an occasional tiny spot of sweetness that the tongue encountered on a small minority of chips — it was something, but not nearly what I expected from a chip that boasted both sweet and heat. Still, pretty good barbecue chips, tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild barbecue smell. Not particularly sweet or heat.
From the package: “The Wise™ BBQ family just grew ... and our newest addition is sure to get your attention! We started with a mouth-watering, Sweet barbecue base, and added a little extra Heat to make our boldest, zestest, hottest BBQ yet! Wise® Sweet Heat BBQ potato chips are the perfect combination for barbecue lovers who like to spice things up.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road