Wise Food Truck Favorites Loaded Chili Cheese Dog Flavored Potato Chips
Taste test: These chips looked like typical Wise chips, with fairly flat shapes and some darks spots here and there, with just a light smattering of some dark green and dark red seasoning.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch with good crispness, plus a tasty seasoning that didn't quite scream "chili cheese dog" to me. There were some spices resembling your typical hot dog condiments, but with less strength than other hot dog-themed chips we've tried, and as for chili or cheese, I really couldn't notice any. I haven't had a loaded chili cheese dog from the Papaya King truck (and I didn't know that they have trucks) but it sure didn't resemble any of the other chili cheese dogs that I've eaten. I've also had some other brans of potato chips that had the loaded hot dog flavor right on (such as Shearer's Herr's and 7-Eleven), but there weren't all that close. Good-tasting chips, but not really the promised flavor.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly mustardy, but otherwise not particularly like a loaded chili cheese dog.
From the package: “Since 1932 Papaya King” ... “Our Loaded Chili Cheese Dog flavor was inspired by the Papaya King truck in NYC.” ... “We love food trucks! So many options exist. Food Truck Favorites™ by Wise® brings to life some of our favorite flavors inspired by real food trucks to share our passion with you. ”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Wise Foods Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (112 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Family Dollar. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road