Whole Cuts Lightly Salted
Taste test: These fries followed the model of Calbee's Bacon & Cheddar version, being cut from potatoes like actual fries, and appearing like real fries, but this one went for the simpler potato taste, doing away with the extra flavorings.
I opened the bag to find that once again, they looked great, with a variety of fry shapes and areas of skin on the ends of most pieces and entire sides of some. I crunched in to find a fairly dense feel and somewhat solid crunch, with a pretty mild potato flavor to start — they weren't kidding when they labeled these as "lightly salted." The potato flavor did grow a bit after eaten multiple fries in a row, but it still didn't really taste like a fry. Because of the perfect fry look, there was a bit of a disconnect when biting in and not getting any of the bendiness of a freshly fried fry.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Cut like a fry • Crunch like a chip” ... “100% russet potato” ... “We admit it — we love potatoes. Whole Cuts is the tasty snack made from delicious, whole, US-grown Russet potatoes. We cut them like a fry, yet they crunch like a chip for an amazingly unique combination.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Calbee North America, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at H Mart, Cambridge/Burlington, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road