Wheat Thins Popped Spicy Cheddar
Taste test: This extreme variation of the established Wheat Thins crackers had square shapes and a somewhat puffy look, remotely like PopChips, but less puffy. The squares were a bit wiggly, and surprisingly, they varied a bit in size. (The varying sizes for crackers that were all square within the same bag seemed odd, so it looked like an optical illusion at first. But when I held them up right next to each other, they were indeed different sizes.)
There was a reasonably strong taste on the first bite, sort of a mildly spicy something, but not particularly a spicy cheddar. After that, the flavor got blander. Not a great taste. They felt more like Popchips than any sort of Wheat Thins crackers, and they had a pretty good crunch, but not really a good crispness, far less than Popchips in that regard. There was a slightly hot aftertaste. Nothing awful really, but weird and bland. One of the oddest "cheddar" flavors we've every tried.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells sort of like pesto. Not what at expected.
From the package: “10g whole grain per 30g serving” ... “Delightfully tasty” ... “26 chips for 120 calories per serving” ... “Pop one pop two pop three pop four pop a few more!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Wheat Thins (8 snacks)
- Hot Chips (1006 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (415 snacks)
- Wheat Snacks (69 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road