Welch's Red Apple Chips
Taste test: These chips looked like they were cut with ripples, but most of the pieces were so curled up that it was hard to tell. They had a beige color for the apple interiors, with a light purple look for the apple skin, which appeared to be fully intact.
I grabbed some chips and bit in to find a surprisingly loud crunch, quite unlike other apple chips, then a feel that was far less solid than the sound, gradually softening up after several bites to feel like I was actually eating an apple. A weird one in terms of texture — all in all, I'd just rather eat an apple — but not bad, and a way to keep your hands dry while essentially eating an apple. That bag was much, much bigger than most bags of apple chips we've reviewed, but it was also mostly empty.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, but more like other apple chips than actual apple anything.
From the package: “Contains 4-1/2 apples” ... “Family farmer owned” ... “Product of USA” ... “Welch's® Apple Chips are crunchy and delicious. They contain the pure goodness of natural apples. A good source of dietary fiber, these Apple Chips make getting your 'apple a day' simple!” ... “Welch's and the Welch's banner are registered trademarks of Welch Foods Inc., A Cooperative”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Healthy Food Brands
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road