Welch's Green Apple Chips Granny Smith
Taste test: These apple chips changed the general apple chips narrative a bit, by promising to be made from green apple rather than the usual red, and also because they had a ripple cut (which wasn't mentioned in words on the bag but could be seen in the picture). The chips didn't look much like the one pictured on the bag, as they were kind of shriveled up and misshapen.
I crunched in to find a mushy mess that was not crunchy at all, but it moistened up quickly in my mouth and did taste like an apple. I tried several more pieces, and some of them were at least remotely crunchy, but all in all, they defied the promise of crunchiness on the bag. Would much rather just eat an apple.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like dried apple chips, but not like apples.
From the package: “Contains 4-1/2 apples” ... “Family farmer owned” ... “Product of USA” ... “Welch's® Apple Chips are crunchy and delicious. They contain the pure goodness of natural apples. A good source of dietary fiber, these Apple Chips make getting your 'apple a day' simple!” ... “Welch's and the Welch's banner are registered trademarks of Welch Foods Inc., A Cooperative”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Healthy Food Brands
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road