Walkers Gary's Special Lamb Curry Flavour Potato Crisps
Taste test: These thinly cut potato chips were yellow to light orange in color, with some scattered green specks on the surfaces.
The sizes of the chips varied, but surprisingly there were no broken chips in the bag, even though I dropped it twice while riding the London Underground. Upon biting in, I found that the chips had an extremely good crispness and a mid-level curry flavor. The flavoring was tasty, and it did indeed taste like curry, but it wasn't nearly as strong as some other curry chips I've eaten. There was a mild heat and a lingering hot aftertaste. I'm not sure that these tasted any more like lamb curry than any other kind of curry, but there were pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice. It really did smell like a curry dish at an Indian restaurant. Strong.
From the package: “This is a pack from a Walkers crisp multipack and must not be sold separately.” (We bought it at a shop in London's Chinatown in direct violation of the preceding sentence.) .... “Ingredients: Potatoes, sunflower oil (33%), lamb curry flavour [sugar, flavouring, cumin, cardamon, clove, celery seed, celery oil, mustard seed, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, colour (paprika extract), wheat flour, cysteine (form poultry)], potassium chloride, salt.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Curry (29 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road