Walkers Fish & Chips Flavour Potato Crisps
Taste test: These chips looked pretty much like ordinary potato chips, with the standard shade of yellow that we've come to expect from Walkers and some occasional dark spots around the edges, with no flavor powder visible.
When I crunched in, I noticed that the texture was different than usual, not as crisp and slightly stiffer, almost like it had an ultra-thin invisible batter coating. The taste was good, as it was a slightly vinegary and remotely fish-like taste. The more chips that I ate, the more I was convinced that these did taste like fish. I'm not sure I would have guessed the flavor if I hadn't read the bag before tasting (I might have guessed some sort of vinegar), but maybe that's because I always douse my fish & chips in tartar sauce.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, it really does smell like fish & chips, and thankfully not in a "bad fish smell" way. You really can smell the fish and the vinegary breading.
From the package: “The picture represents Jane from Sheffield's inspiration for her Fish & Chips Flavour!” ... “Vote for me!” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes, Sunflower Oil (33%), Fish & Chips Seasoning. Fish & Chips Seasoning contains: Salt, Flavouring, Sugar, Barley Malt Vinegar, Citric Acid, Colour (Paprika Extract).” ... “It's crunch time for our six 'Do us a flavour' finalists!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (64 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road