Walkers Crispy Duck & Hoisin Flavour Potato Crisps
Taste test: Visually, these chips didn't appear to be any different than the regular Walkers chips, as there was no flavor seasoning visible, and definitely nothing the color of hoisin sauce or duck meat.
Just the regular yellow color. The taste was slightly tangy and pretty good, but it only remotely reminded me of duck with hoisin sauce. Duck is not my favorite Chinese dish, but I do find it tolerable if some duck meat is wrapped up in a pancake with scallions, cucumber and hoisin. If not for the flavor being named on the bag (complete with adorable duck mascot that appears to have been constructed from potatoes), I don't think I would have guessed duck or hoisin as the flavor. Even if you don't like duck, you might like these, since it's an almost entirely different taste. But if you do like duck, these probably won't duplicate the taste for you.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of icky. I like the taste of hoisin sauce, but this seemed to smell like just the bitter side of the hoisin.
From the package: “This picture represents Vicky from Northwick's inspiration for her Crispy Duck & Hoisin Flavour!” ... “Vote for me!” ... “Vicky's sweet and tangy sensation could lead to a new Chinese proverb 'Man with a bag of Walkers Crispy Duck & Hoisin flavour crisps has many hungry friends!' ”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Duck (4 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in London. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road