Walkers Builder's Breakfast Flavour Potato Crisps
Taste test: These potato chips from the Do Us A Flavour promotion ambitiously tried to duplicate the taste a full English breakfast, meaning it could encompass all sorts of things, including various forms of bread, pudding, eggs, beans and potatoes — not to mention the various breakfast meats. I opened the bag to discover that the chips looked mostly like typical Walkers chips, but with a bit of an extra orange glow and a few tiny bits of black pepper visible on each chip.
I crunched in and found that the chips were a bit greasier than normal Walkers but really did taste like eggs and bacon, and indeed they tasted really good. It was a medium-strength taste, not weak but not super-strong. I don't think that they got the taste of the whole breakfast (Tayto's Ulster Fry chips tried to do the same thing) but they really got the fried eggs and bacon taste right on, and I liked these a lot.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, it really does smell like bacon and eggs.
From the package: “The picture represents Emma from Belper's inspiration for her Builder's Breakfast Flavour!” ... “Full English Breakfast Flavour Potato Crisps. Ingredients: Potatoes, Sunflower Oil (33%), Full English Breakfast Seasoning. Full English Breakfast Seasoning contains: Salt, Flavourings, Black Pepper, Sage, Barley Malt Extract, Butter, Citric Acid, Dried Garlic.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road