Walkers Stax Paprika
Taste test: These potato crisps looked to be a whole lot like Lay's Stax, which were basically a knockoff of Pringles in a new type of package, but they came in a different type of package than either one. Pringles are paper/aluminum composite cans with a plastic cover, Lay's Stax are plastic cans with a plastic cover and these ... well, it seemed to be a paper/aluminum composite can with an integrated paper cover. The cover was perforated to be pulled off, revealing a paper-topped aluminum seal with a pull tab. The outer paper cover slipped back on for resealing.
One not-so-attractive thing I noticed immediately upon opening the inner cover was that there was seasoning powder all over the inner aluminum lining, something that I hadn't noticed with any of the previous Stax versions.
As for the taste, it was pretty average. We've reviewed some really good paprika-flavored chips, but these weren't among them, offering kind of bland potato taste with paprika not helping much. (The label said that paprika flavoring was pork-based, which was odd.)
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild paprika smell.
From the package: “Liven up the party with Walkers Stax. Pull off the lid and get stuck in the great taste of Walkers.” ... “Gently press the sides of the lid to open.” ... “Not suitable for vegetarians” ... “No MSG”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (417 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Paprika Chips (32 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road