Walkers Stax Paprika
Taste test: These potato crisps looked to be a whole lot like Lay's Stax, which were basically a knockoff of Pringles in a new type of package, but they came in a different type of package than either one. Pringles are paper/aluminum composite cans with a plastic cover, Lay's Stax are plastic cans with a plastic cover and these ... well, it seemed to be a paper/aluminum composite can with an integrated paper cover. The cover was perforated to be pulled off, revealing a paper-topped aluminum seal with a pull tab. The outer paper cover slipped back on for resealing.
One not-so-attractive thing I noticed immediately upon opening the inner cover was that there was seasoning powder all over the inner aluminum lining, something that I hadn't noticed with any of the previous Stax versions.
As for the taste, it was pretty average. We've reviewed some really good paprika-flavored chips, but these weren't among them, offering kind of bland potato taste with paprika not helping much. (The label said that paprika flavoring was pork-based, which was odd.)
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild paprika smell.
From the package: “Liven up the party with Walkers Stax. Pull off the lid and get stuck in the great taste of Walkers.” ... “Gently press the sides of the lid to open.” ... “Not suitable for vegetarians” ... “No MSG”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (414 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (293 snacks)
- Paprika Chips (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road