Walkers Stax Original
Taste test: When we discovered this Walkers-branded version of Stax, we figured that the uniformly shaped potato crisps inside the can would be much like Lay's Stax, despite a much different approach to the packaging (ditching the familiar Stax blue plastic can for a paper-and-foil can, as detailed in our review of the Paprika version).
However, once we got inside the can and crunched in, we were surprised to find a changed product. These crisps were thinner than the Lay's version, lighter in color, more uniform in shape, and they tasted different. The potato flavor was blander than the Lay's ones, which had a much richer potato taste.
A comparison of the ingredients confirmed that these were a very different product, with the most notable difference being that these included wheat in addition to the expected potato, while Lay's used rice.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Much milder potato smell than we're used to from Lay's Stax or Pringles, similar to some Asian potato crisps.
From the package: “Liven up the party with Walkers Stax. Pull off the lid and get stuck in the great taste of Walkers.” ... “Gently press the sides of the lid to open.” ... “This pack contains 5-6 servings” ... “No MSG” ... “Ingredients: Dehydrated potato (contain sulphites), sunflower oil, starches (wheat and potato), glucose syrup, salt, emulsifier (Mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), rapeseed oil.” ... “May contain milk.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (325 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (414 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (293 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road