Walkers Stax Original
Taste test: When we discovered this Walkers-branded version of Stax, we figured that the uniformly shaped potato crisps inside the can would be much like Lay's Stax, despite a much different approach to the packaging (ditching the familiar Stax blue plastic can for a paper-and-foil can, as detailed in our review of the Paprika version).
However, once we got inside the can and crunched in, we were surprised to find a changed product. These crisps were thinner than the Lay's version, lighter in color, more uniform in shape, and they tasted different. The potato flavor was blander than the Lay's ones, which had a much richer potato taste.
A comparison of the ingredients confirmed that these were a very different product, with the most notable difference being that these included wheat in addition to the expected potato, while Lay's used rice.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Much milder potato smell than we're used to from Lay's Stax or Pringles, similar to some Asian potato crisps.
From the package: “Liven up the party with Walkers Stax. Pull off the lid and get stuck in the great taste of Walkers.” ... “Gently press the sides of the lid to open.” ... “This pack contains 5-6 servings” ... “No MSG” ... “Ingredients: Dehydrated potato (contain sulphites), sunflower oil, starches (wheat and potato), glucose syrup, salt, emulsifier (Mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), rapeseed oil.” ... “May contain milk.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (294 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road