Walkers Celebrating Flavours of the Decades 1980's Chicken Tikka Masala
Taste test: These potato chips had fairly flat shapes with many small bubbles embedded inside. There surfaces had a light yellow-orange color, without any seasoning powder visible.
We crunched in to find a nice light, crisp crunch and a flavor that combined some of the expected Indian spices with — surprisingly — cheese, for a great mix of tastes. There was a light heat that was tempered nicely by the cheese, combining for a very tasty, bold flavor.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Stron, spicy and sweet masala smell.
From the package: “Celebrating 70 years of the nation's favourite. Since Leicester Butcher Henry Walker first began making crisps in 1948, we have always creating flavours that reflect the tastes of the nation. And whilst a lot has changed over the years, one thing's stayed the same. You are still our secret ingredient. To say thank you, we're launching Flavours of the Decades — great new flavours inspired by some of the most iconic dishes from our past.” ... “In the 80s Indian takeaways took the nation by storm, and leading the way was Chicken Tikka Masala. A favourite and then and a favourite now.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Chicken Snacks (87 snacks)
- Masala snacks (20 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road