Vovó Delma Pellet de Bacon
Taste test: This wheat-based snack from Brazil came in pork rind-like shapes, thick and puffy, with square cuts but very wiggly surfaces, plus alternating stripes of brown and light beige to give them a sort of bacon-like appearance.
We crunched in to find kind of a sryrofoam-like texture, with a really minimal bacon flavor. We've had a few snacks that tried to both look and taste like bacon before, and most of them did a better job at both tasks than this one.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a bacon grease smell, not bad.
From the package: “Contém glúten.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Brazil (95 reviews)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Modelos Market Cafe, Magoun Square, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published April 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road