Viva La Papa! Anticucho BBQ
Taste test: These potato chips were smallish and thick cut, with kind of a dull orange color, a midlevel helping of seasoning powder and lots of skin around their edges.
They had a nice crunch to start, and that led into a very tasty flavor apparently based on the peruvian anticucho dish. The bag said BBQ, so those who read it expected a more conventional barbecue flavor, but we got something else entirely that most people liked a lot. There were some chili peppers in there, plus oregano and other very tasty spices. It wasn't very hot, just slightly so, and the flavor wasn't intense, but it was quite tasty. There was a very mild heat in the aftertaste. Our tasters were quite impressed.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice spices, and nothing like any other barbecue chips we've tried.
From the package: “Artisan potato chips from Perú” ... “Anticucho is a classic Peruvian dish, often eaten at a roadside 'anticucheria' or at the most traditional parties and celebrations. Smoky, with a hint of chili, paprika and oregano, simple delicious.” ... “¿Que viva la papa!/Long live the Potato!” ... “Suitable for vegetarians”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Peru (8 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Oregano Chips (12 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road