Vitner's Sweet Southern Heat Ridgetts
Taste test: These potato chips had medium-width ripples, with gently curving shapes that varied in color from yellow to light orange. Chips varied in size, but there were some nicely large ones among them.
We crunched in to find a crisp, light crunch with a mild sweet barbecue flavor initially, a taste that wasn't a standout but did mix nicely with the potato. As for the Heat part, it did arrive later as a nice burn in the aftertaste. The heat didn't linger for a long, but it definitely spiced things up while it lasted.
Shop: Buy Vitner's snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild smoky barbecue smell. Pretty good.
From the package: “Chicago is famous for its Southside, and Vitner's is just a celebrated for our Sweet Southern Heat BBQ chips. Put a little sweet in your heat, and dig in!”
Online store: Buy Vitner's snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: C.J. Vitner Co., Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road