Vidalia Brands Sweet Onion Petals Zesty Ranch
Taste test: The picture on the bag had me expecting that this snack would have fry-like shapes, but the actual pieces inside were curved arcs, sort of like partial onion rings. The pieces were fairly thick and had roughly square profiles, with an orange-yellow color, plus many tiny green and red bits on the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a very nice crunch with a fairy light feel, plus a very tasty flavor. It was indeed oniony and zesty, with perhaps a ranch-like twist, but I don't think I would have said "Ranch!" if they didn't identify it that way on the bag. Either way, it was quite good. We shared these with lots of snackers eating breakfast, and people were impressed.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild onion smell. Not much.
From the package: “All onions are not created equal. From their accidental discovery in the 1930's, to their hand planted and hand harvested practices today, Sweet Vidalia® Onions are world famous. The South Georgia soil on Bland Farms produces this flavorful, mild and sweet onion with unmatched taste.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road