Utz No Salt Added Barbecue Potato Chips
Taste test: This item was a first for our tasters, as Utz decided to try making a no-salt potato chip with a flavor seasoning.
We've tried a number of plain no-salt potato chips, and the result is usually a very weak flavor. The chips were crisp and generally large, and they had a bright orange flavor powder, unevenly applied. The no-salt barbecue formula gave these a weird taste, as most of our tasters really thrown off by it when they first crunched in. The lack of salt really seemed strange when combined with a sweet barbecue flavor. Some people tried seconds and eventually warmed a bit to the flavor, but given the initial reactions, this one might take some getting used to. After eating several chips, there was a hot aftertaste.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild spices, not all that barbecue-like.
From the package: “In recent years, sodium has become a health concern for many consumers. Long before that, Bill and Sallie Utz believed that if a basic potato chip had a good flavor, a little salt would enhance the flavor while a lot of salt would destroy it. ... Now we are pleased to be making a seasoned No Salt added potato chip .... Barbeque Potato Chips. We believe the chips in this bag are the best tasting seasoned, unsalted potato chips on the market today.”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Utz (114 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (481 snacks)
- No salt/low salt chips (42 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road