Utz Multigrain Sunflower Chips French Onion
Taste test: From this bag's outward appearance, these looked in all ways like a clone of Sun Chips, from the appearance of the chips to the color-coding of the various flavors' bags.
At first, the "Sunflower" name made me think that they were made from just sunflower seeds instead of the corn, oats, wheat and rice materials for Sun Chips, but thankfully, a look at the ingredients revealed that it was just sunflower oil, but the same grains. Upon opening the bag and crunching in, we found that the look and taste of the chips was indeed very close to Sun Chips, quite good. These seemed to have a more loosely attached seasoning that stuck to the fingers more than Sun Chips, but they were thin, light had a great crispness. Our tasters liked them a lot.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild oniony smell.
From the package: “Utz Multigrain Sunflower Chips contain 40% less fat than regular potato chips and are made with whole grains of corn, rice, oats and wheat. They are cookedin 100% pure Sunflower Oil for a perfectly crunchy chip.”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Utz (115 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (114 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road