Utz Ridge Cut Bacon Cheddar Potato Chips
Taste test: We've reviewed quite a few rippled potato chips over the years, with considerable diversity of dimensions and shapes for the ripples, but this time we got something entirely new in that regard. On my first glance into the bag, I noticed that the ripples were quite wide, which alone would have set these chips apart. But the shapes of the ripples also were unusual, as the peak and trough of each wave was nearly flat, a look similar to some kinds of corrugated metal. So while most rippled chips have shapes that are close to sine waves or triangular waves, these ones were nearly like square waves.
The chips had a golden yellow color, with occasional areas of browning, a sparse application of green seasoning bits and occasional areas of skin on the edges. We crunched in to find a light, crisp crunch but not much in the way of cheddar or bacon to taste — the flavor was far closer to sour cream and onion than that. It was mild as sour cream and onion chips go. I did occasionally notice a hint of smokiness, but otherwise, they missed the mark for both cheddar and bacon.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Something savory and mild, but couldn't notice any bacon or cheddar.
From the package: “With ridges over 2X wider than our Ripple Potato Chips, Utz® Ridge Cut Potato Chips pack even more crunch and flavor in every bite! Prepare your taste buds for an incredible rush, guaranteed to have you craving more.”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Utz (115 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road