Utz Hots! Tomatillo Salsa
Taste test: These potato chips, one of three flavors in Utz's Hots line, promised an enticing Tomatillo Salsa seasoning, with the lowest heat level of the three — below "Burn" on the Burn/Blaze/Lava scale on the bag. The flavor that promised to go beyond Lava, Scorpion Pepper, didn't come close or even impress with its heat, so we quite wondered what this one from the other end of the scale would bring.
The chips had wiggly shapes and a light yellow color, with minimal seasoning visible on the surfaces. We crunched in to find a nice crunchy texture and an ever nicer flavoring. Tomatillo Salsa isn't a common chip flavor, and Utz did a great job with it, as the mix of spices was really tasty and quite different from other salsa chips, great to munch on while enjoying some beer. As for heat, we weren't expecting much, but there was a low-level burn that enhanced the flavor nicely, no less hot (and maybe hotter) than the oversold Scorpion Pepper ones.
Shop: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice salsa smell, great spices!
From the package: “What's your heat”
Online store: Buy Utz snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road