Uncle Chipps Plain Salted Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color and areas of dark skin around the edges, with gently curving shapes. They also had a very long Ingredients list on the back of the bag — not something we've expect for a flavor described on the front as "Plain Salted." The chips didn't appear to have any seasoning powder.
We crunched in to find mostly a plain potato taste, very briefly, with some very mild but strange spices after that. It was nothing like the Spicy Treat flavor from Uncle Chipps, many orders of magnitude less intense, and not reminding us of that flavorwise, but still a weird one.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty strong, fairly sweet, seemed like something more than just potato.
From the package: “Bole Mere Lips, I Love Uncle Chipps™” ... “Uncle Chipps is a Trademark of PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt. Ltd.” ... “Product of India” ... “Ingredients: Patato [sic], Edible Vegetable Oil (Palmolein Oil), Milk Solids, Spices, Condiments (Cameron Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin Powder), Black Pepper Powder, Garlic powder, turmeric Powder, Large Cardmom Powder, Ginger Powder, Salt, Black Salt, Sugar, Citric Acid (Ins 300)”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Taj Mahal Desi Bazaar, Somerville, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road