Trader Joe's Salsa Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These tortilla chips generally looked like Doritos, but with a different overall texture, as these had more bubbles embedded inside and also looked a little stiffer, with less of the wiggles and variation in surface that Doritos tend to have.
Upon crunching in, I found that they were less crisp than the very-crisp Doritos, but still had a pretty good crunch. The lower level of crispness definitely detratced from the experience. The salsa seasoning was OK, but it was very mild. A more intense flavor would have helped. Overall, not bad or anything, but disappointing. I'll stick with Doritos.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy toasted corn and salsa spices smell.
From the package: “Made with organic stone ground white corn” ... “Trader Joe's Salsa Tortilla Chips are crunchy corn chips with the added zest of tangy tomato, cilantro, and jalapeño peppers. We finish them with a bit of onion, garlic and lime for that savory salsa flavor.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road