Trader Joe's Spud Crunchies
Taste test: These fries followed the lead of some other recent product such as Calbee's Jagabee fries and Ruffles Crispy Fries, in that they actually looked like fries cut from a potato (which they were) rather than crisps reconstituted into the fry shape.
This one lost the fry illusion a bit with a fairly uniform golden yellow color and minimal skin at the ends, but still, they looked like fries. We crunched in to find a fairly solid crunch and a good salty potato taste. Very tasty.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice rich salty potato smell.
From the package: “There was a time when people thought the Earth was flat. Same for potato snacks. Once, snackers supposed they must eat flat chips to enjoy crispy crunchy potato pieces. But snacks evolve, and Trader Joe's Spud Crunchies Potato Snacks deliver that same crunch, in a cylindrical, spear-shaped, fry-life form.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road