Trader Joe's Somewhat Spicy Dill Flavored Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips were generally smallish, with wiggly shapes and a bright yellow/orange color, plus a heavy smattering of bits of green dill.
We crunched in to find that the chips were very crunchy and also quite crisp, with lots of dill pickle flavor to start, followed by some nice heat. As "somewhat" promised, it wasn't an overwhelming heat, but this heat wasn't a slacker either — it did get fairly hot after eating a handful of chips. We shared these with some snackers enjoying beverages and brunch, and everyone who tried some was quite thrilled, in most cases returning to the bag for many more handfuls.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice pickle smell, like we just opened a jar.
From the package: “Flavor-wise, these potato chips are in a pickle — a somewhat spicy, dill pickle, at that. What starts out as a bright, tangy, pickle-like brine flavor gives way to a warming sensation; and after a handful has been eaten, the just spicy enough taste begs for … another handful. Then, something to drink. We think most sandwiches would be better if accompanied by these somewhat spicy dill chips. We also think they're really good solo — with something to drink.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road