Trader Joe's Somewhat Spicy Dill Flavored Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips were generally smallish, with wiggly shapes and a bright yellow/orange color, plus a heavy smattering of bits of green dill.
We crunched in to find that the chips were very crunchy and also quite crisp, with lots of dill pickle flavor to start, followed by some nice heat. As "somewhat" promised, it wasn't an overwhelming heat, but this heat wasn't a slacker either — it did get fairly hot after eating a handful of chips. We shared these with some snackers enjoying beverages and brunch, and everyone who tried some was quite thrilled, in most cases returning to the bag for many more handfuls.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice pickle smell, like we just opened a jar.
From the package: “Flavor-wise, these potato chips are in a pickle — a somewhat spicy, dill pickle, at that. What starts out as a bright, tangy, pickle-like brine flavor gives way to a warming sensation; and after a handful has been eaten, the just spicy enough taste begs for … another handful. Then, something to drink. We think most sandwiches would be better if accompanied by these somewhat spicy dill chips. We also think they're really good solo — with something to drink.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road