Trader Joe's Peruvian Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips were quite colorful, with a mix of dark blueish purple and yellow, or light reddish purple and yellow, depending on the chip. They had wiggly shapes with some bubbles embedded inside.
I tried both kinds and found that the blue ones a very strange crunch, somewhat more solid than your typical potato chip, but just not crisp in a potato kind of way. The red ones were much different, with a light, crisp crunch that reminded me somewhat of Russet chips. The taste in both cases was pretty good, with a rich potato flavor and a bit of salt. They're not among the great potato chips, but when we shared then around at a beer hall, some people sure crunched through many handfuls of them!
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Great, like Russet potatoes. Mmmmmm!
From the package: “Product of Peru” ... “Made from potatoes grown high in the Andes mountains of Peru — the potato's native homeland — Trader Joe's Peruvian potato chips are crispy and crunchy. We've selected a mix of red and purple hued potato Peruvian varieties, to showcase the native potatoes of Peru in a snack that is unique and beautiful as the Andes themselves.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road