Trader Joe's Patio Potato Chips
Taste test: The chips in this bag had a whole lot going on — narrow-rippled chips made from Russet potatoes, with four different seasonings (vinegar, dill, BBQ and ketchup) depending on the particular chip. Between the different shades of the potato and the different seasonings, there were a whole lot of colors here. The shapes were irregular, with some wiggly and folded-over chips, plus some long and narrow ones.
We crunched in to find a nice crunch and some contrasting sweet and savory flavors. The BBQ and ketchup ones seemed relatively muted, while the dill and vinegar had more kick. It was a nice mix of tastes, a fun take on potato chips.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Vinegar was the most noticeable, but I could notice some savory stuff too.
From the package: “Mixed Bag of Sea Salt & Vinegar, Delicious Dill, Homestyle Ketchup & Smoking Sweet BBQ flavored Potato Chips” ... “A barbecue is always better when a cast of colorful characters is in attendance. We suggest bags of Patio Potato Chips — the crunchiest characters on the block. Dark russet potatoes are partnered with punchy flavors — BBQ, Dill, Sea Salt & Vinegar, or Ketchup — to keep the conversation captivating.” ... “Product of Canada”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (594 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Dill Chips (60 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road