Trader Joe's Ode to the Classic Potato Chip
Taste test: These potato chips had a pale yellow color (almost white in some cases), with some skin on the edges, and there were some fairly large chips among the many chips in the large bag.
They were cut thin, and the taste reminded many of our tasters of the original Lay's chips, with a light crunch and a good potato flavor. They seemed a little less crisp than Lay's, with more of a brittle crunch. Nothing fancy, just regular potato chips, and our tasters liked them a lot.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells sort of like raw potatoes.
From the package: “There's nothing better than a classic ... like your parents' old station wagon (you know the one) — with the wood paneling; or those great chips you used to eat when you were growing up. Well, because you asked for it, you got it. The perfect chip! Trader Joe's Ode to the Classic Potato Chip. These chips are lightly fried, seasoned with salt and full of that great potato taste.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road