Trader Joe's It's a Grand Slam Snack
Taste test: We opened this bag to find that it was filled about halfway, with the top of what was filled graced with huge, round kernels of caramel-coated popcorn, with nuts stuck to some of the kernels.
We crunched in to find that the kernels were very soft and were generously coated with a deliciously sweet caramel. The placement of the nuts on the kernels was fairly random, with most kernels having none, some having several and others just one. Most of the kernels were individual, not clustered, but we did find a few stuck together as well, in some cases with nuts attached. When we tried a cluster of two with a pecan attached, it was really loaded with flavor. The other nuts were peanuts, almonds and cashews.
Overall, there were way fewer nuts than shown in the picture on the bag — this was mostly caramel corn. But it was really good caramel corn, and the occasional nut did add some nice variety.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild caramel corn smell, but there was a hint of nuts too.
From the package: “Bases are loaded with caramel coated popcorn & peanuts, almonds, cashews & pecans” ... “Ingredients: Cane Sugar, Roasted Mixed Nuts (Peanuts, Almonds, Cashews, Pecans, Peanut Oil, Salt), Tapioca Syrup, Popcorn, Molasses, Salt, Clarified Butter (Milk), Sunflower Lecithin”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road