Giant Peruvian Inca Corn
Taste test: This bag of corn intrigued us at the store by promising to be GIANT (and we could tell that they were serious because the word was in all caps). Looking through the window on the bag, the kernels inside did look pretty big. We opened the bag to find some variation in the sizes, but they were all big and basically looked like oversized Corn Nuts.
We crunched in to find that the kernels were quite crunchy without being too hard, and they had a middling level of salt that brought out a very nice toasted corn flavor.
We shared these with some snackers enjoyed beers after going for a run, and people were pretty thrilled the taste and texture, crunching though handfuls of them.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good toasted corn smell, kind of like Fritos.
From the package: “Choclo. Cuzco Corn. Peruvian corn. This bag contains giant white corn grown in the Andes Mountains of Peru — in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You know longer need a llama to hit the high trails to track down this crunchy, salty snack; although, you can — if you want to do that.” ... “Product of Peru.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Trader Joe's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road