Trader Joe's Dark Russet Kettle-Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips looked much like other Dark Russet chips we've eaten, with their somewhat wiggly shapes bearing a nice range of golden yellow and brown colors.
We crunched in to find a light, crisp crunch (a bit lighter than other brands) and an excellent Russet potato flavor, helped along by a nice helping of salt, for some of the most delicious potato chips we've tried. The bag included a long explanation of how the potatoes used are special ones, and based on the results, we believe the hype.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Great rich potato smell, mmmmm!
From the package: “The potato chips in this bag are made with a special variety of Russet potato that, when thinly sliced and kettle cooked, creates a deeply caramelized, captivatingly crunchy chip. Similar to a salty batch of well-done French fries from your favorite burger joint, the robust potato-y flavor of these chips can be savored with spinach dip or polished off by the handful, right out of the bag.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (253 snacks)
- Russet potato chips (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road