Trader Joe's Cheddar & Horseradish Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wide, shallow ripples and somewhat wiggly shapes, with some folded-over chips, occasional areas of skin on the edges, and what appeared to be lots and lots of seasoning powder. The chips were kind of a light yellow, but they were heavily covered with a light orangish flavoring, for an overall color that closely matched the color of the bag.
We crunched in to find a very hard crunch and quite a bit of horseradish kick. On some bites, the cheddar preceded the horseradish, while on other ones the order was reversed, but regardless, the mix of cheddar, horseradish and potato was very good. The horseradish was pretty consistently strong. Our snackers were big fans of the crunch and the flavor. The general horseradish strength wasn't quite as high as that of the stronger chips in the bag of Herr's Horseradish & Cheddar (which varied widely in strength) but there was still plenty of kick to impress horseradish fans, and these chips found lots of fans.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of remotely horseradishy but strongly cheddary. Nice.
From the package: “A delightfully flavored, cheesy, spicy and wavy kettle chip” ... “Crispy. Crunchy. Cheesy. Horseradish-y? Yes!”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road