Tostitos Xtra Flamin' Hot
Taste test: When it comes to Flamin' Hot-branded stuff, the first thing that comes to mind is Cheetos, which after years of offering Flamin' Hot expanded the line to include Xxtra Flamin' Hot, available in their spiciest markets.
In this case, some Google searches reveal that the (not-Xtra) Flamin' Hot Tostitos product really does exist, but we somehow just haven't found it, so for the taste test, we're skipping straight to this Xtra Flamin' Hot one (which for some reason has one less X in its name than the corresponding Cheetos).
The chips were standard-size round Tostitos-size, with an intense red seasoning that was applied unevenly, with some dark spots on the tortilla chips visible through. I crunched in to find that they were really quite good, with a hot kick to start that got hotter in the aftertaste, with lots of great flavor beyond just the heat. Not killer hot, and again I can't compare against Flamin' Hot, but they were solidly hot and tasted great.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy smell, not noticeably hot, though.
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Tostitos tortilla chips (41 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Food City. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road