Tostitos The Bowl Bag Bite Size
Taste test: This new product from Tostitos wasn't so much about the chips, but about convenience, which is of course a key part of the snack experience. The bag was designed to transform into a bowl (or at least a bowl-like bag) to save snackers trying to watch a football game from the inconvenience of having to reach into an ordinary bag or (shudder!) find a bowl and pour the bag into it.
The square-ish bag had notches about 2-1/2 inches from the top on each side, with the simple instructions: "Tear here! From bag to bowl!" When I did just that, it did tear quite easily on a nearly straight line. I pulled sequentially from both sides, and the rips met fairly cleanly near the middle. The foil of the bag did form a small curlicue where the rips didn't quite align. It didn't look like a bowl at all, but it was reasonably easy to reach into and grab chips. I've seen people make a similar thing by folding a regular chip bag, but this was a bit simpler.
The round tortilla chips were about middling in size, and they had a good light crunch and plenty of salt to bring out a strong corn tortilla taste. They worked pretty well for dipping into salsa.
Shop: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong salty corn smell.
From the package: “Official tailgate chip of the NFL” ... “On tailgate parties: Let's face it, we love the party but hate the fuss. The bowl bag is an instant party without the mess, bring the bag, bring the party™”
Online store: Buy Tostitos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road